One of our friends from church walked up to us after sacrament meeting a couple of Sundays ago to inform us that he and his wife would absolutely love to spend just one day in our home, simply observing us. Like rats. To which I responded, "What, you don't get enough here at church?" You see, he said this, I'm assuming because our kids inevitably put on a show every week for the lucky folks behind us (maybe we should sit in the back row?) that involves one of them having to be removed from the premises for disturbing the peace. My favorite is when Tim takes Lily out and she responds by screaming, "I don't wanna go out!" over and over until he gets smart and covers her mouth. Then she yells, "Ow, Daddy, you're hurting me! Dad, I'm bleeding!" and other such accusations. It's a real treat. And this is our four-year-old. Someday she'll wise up.
Anyway, what our friend doesn't know is that if he were to come over to our house, the show would be much more subdued. In fact, my kids don't really act up at home - unless they've just woken up in the morning ...or from a nap. Or if they decide not to nap at all. Or sometimes when they're resisting the morning chore routine. Or when we're trying to get out the door. Occasionally, they'll start screaming when they run into trouble getting a seat belt on. And if I don't bring any snacks on an excursion, watch out. Or if they don't like what I cooked for dinner. Or when we're trying to have scripture study, or prayer, or family home evening.
Okay... my kids really are rotten. And I love them to bits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love them to bits as well - I WANT TO SEE THEM!!!
They are just so cute though. And there are cute moments as well. Gotta love the tantrums.
I LOVED this post Susie - gosh, is my feeling right that it was MY husband?!? I'm embarrased.... we LOVE, LOVE your family, - there's no freak show - but it is entertaining, and we love you and your kids. We should get together. :) I know you aren't laughing, and it's only out of love that we are. :) (ours are out of that stage) hee hee!
In California we had two families who would fight over who got to sit behind us in church- we were so darn entertaining! Lots of fun-
Post a Comment