
I've always liked Sandra Boynton's books. They have cute little rhymes, fun pictures, they teach basic concepts like colors, letters, etc. Now I have an extra reason to keep them around the house, in all their chewed-edged glory. My three-month-old, you know, the one with whom you have to spend at least five minutes talking to in order to get her to even crack a smile? The girl laughs out loud when I read Blue Hat Green Hat to her. It initially happened a week ago - I considered it a freak accident, maybe something about the way I was holding her, or a couple of angels sitting directly behind the book who were making faces at her...
Then this week it happened again. She giggled once, then twice, then again and again until the last "oops" escaped my mouth. It was magic.
2 comments:
I want to see her in action! Sounds like she's growing up entirely too quickly...
Wow, at 3 months? That's so sweet.
It sounds like my baby has a similar personality. Very stoic. :) She was laughing hysterically while a song about cows, chickens and pigs played on TV. Every time it showed the cow, her giggles began anew. I loved every moment of it. (Of course she is 9 months, so it is much less astounding.)
Babies are such fun. I'm glad you are enjoying yours. :)
Post a Comment