Monday, April 20, 2009

Take two.

Ever since two weeks ago when Rachel went through five pairs of underwear in under a day, she's been begging me to let her wear them again. We also ran out of size four diapers and the budget was screaming at me to cut back to only the size two diapers (yep, not ready to potty-train the three-month-old yet). I gave in. We tried again last Wednesday. In five days, she's had only a handful of accidents, which she happily cleaned up herself and she's even made it through the night 3 nights in a row! My dear mother scared me into thinking that potty-training was the most difficult part of early parenting but seriously, mom, what was wrong with you? Piece of cake. Okay, so maybe Tim's good potty-training genes may have come into play here. Tim's older sister trained him, if that tells you anything and me? Well, let's just say that bladder surgery is in my future. Three down and one to go. We'll give baby a couple of years, though.

5 comments:

Topsy said...

Yeah SUZ!! what a relief!

Valerie said...

Like I always say, please don't ask me for advice on parenting. And if I happen to give any unsolicited advice, just disregard it...So happy that Rachel is on her way - happy for you AND her!

Susie said...

Mom, I was kidding - you are the perfect mom in every way! Just look how I turned out :)

Ralina said...

Nice, I wish I could say Clark was ready. He doesn't have a clue. We will have two in diapers I'm sure for close to another year. Sigh...

Annie said...

Yeah Rachel!