Sunday, May 31, 2009

Gene therapy.

Isn't marriage a crap shoot? Gosh, when I think about the leap of faith I took almost 8 years ago, I marvel that I scored so well. Tim is a perfect complement to me. Having said that, sometimes I wish I had given more thought to the genetic traits that he would be passing on to our offspring. Not that it would have made a difference in my decision, but to someone who has had only a handful of sunburns in her entire life, I wish I could have more say in whose skin they would inherit. Applying sunscreen exhausts me.
Add to that the fact that Tim kept his mother up every night for the first two years of his life. Would have been nice to know.
I recently found out that tongue-tie runs in his family. Hello. Breastfeeding issues. Thanks a lot, honey.
Don't even get me started on the picky-eating (okay, that runs in my family, too), the aversion to being told what to do, and the ability to park oneself in front of the television for hours on end.
I could go on and on.
Of course they inherited only the most charming of characteristics from me.

1 comment:

The Leakes said...

Tied tongues huh?! Yep, you definitely have the Toneys/Egberts to thank for that! I was born with a tied tongue, but I did just fine with it, but I had to have it clipped in 9th grade-it was horrible! Marshall was also born with a tied tongue, but he tore it when he was two days old in a screaming fit! Man, it really is amazing how many little traits get passed on!