Phase one of my weight loss plan: No eating past 8:00 p.m. I inevitably save only the most devilish goodies for after the kids' bedtime hour because even though I am a sugar fiend myself, I don't want my kids to end up as despicable as myself. Solution: no eating when I can hide it from the little ones. Total weight loss since beginning of such deprivation? 3 pounds. 20 or so pounds to go, but it's a start.
Phase two? Riding bikes to school with Anna 3 days a week. I don't think I can possibly top the 2 months I towed two kids to and from school twice a day while in my second and third trimesters of pregnancy. But I can at least take advantage of the fact that my husband works insanely close to home and can tend the baby while I put in a meager 20 minutes of cardio. On tap for summer: waking up at six to swim laps at the rec center? Anyone care to join me?
Phase three: I'm in denial. I have to give up sugar. It's like a chain around my neck. It beckons to me after every meal, promising renewed energy only to send me dragging my feet like a turtle until dinnertime rescues me from my self-induced stupor. I know what I need to do. I recognize the health benefits that doing so will likely incur and I want them. But I'm an addict in every sense of the word. Phase three will have to wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment