Warning: Shameless bragging mother moment coming up.
I've caught Lily sounding out words in the past few weeks. She turned four in February and I've been sneaking in little pre-reading moments here and there for some time now, not really expecting her to pick up on them. But she's really catching on! She even read Hop on Pop yesterday during quiet time. Sure, she might have been able to set a record for the longest oral recitation of a Dr. Seuss book in history, but still!
As if that isn't enough, since we moved Anna to her own bedroom, she's become quite the little bookworm, devouring chapter books left and right. I caught her boasting to a fellow friend from kindergarten that she had read four chapter books in one night. I don't think her buddy was too impressed. I am though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah sister too! I wish it had been this easy to teach the big guy to read!
I'm impressed too, but not surprised. Their mother did the same thing at the same age - remember?!
I sure am impressed! They are every teachers dream come true!
Post a Comment