
When I was on the brink of graduating from BYU I met with a counselor who informed me that somehow my AP American History credit would not count for the classes I had intended it to fulfill. One of the many frustrations I encountered while attending "the true school". I tried to skirt the issue by taking a challenge exam to pass out of them, much like returned missionaries do to get 4 semesters of language credit out of the way.
I bought a pretty comprehensive book on U.S. History, read it in a month, and took the tests. I got a C on one and a C+ on the other. I took the hit to my GPA and graduated soon after. Seven years later, it looks like I've still got the stuff. Haven't studied an ounce of American history since then, but at least I could pass the citizenship test with flying colors. How about you?
5 comments:
ouch. 55% and my dad is a civics teacher. uh-oh
85%--passed by the skin of my teeth, which is about the way I always do things. It's the current stuff that got me--how long a Senator serves, how many House Representatives and (embarrassing) how many on the Supreme Court. I put 7. Oops. A fun quiz; thanks for the link. And I actually learned something.
Oh, and if you like musicals people, you should watch 1776 for July 4th. Love it, love it!
100%
I really enjoy American history. Although I got a 2 on the AP exam. I'm not one for essay writing. Thanks for the link to making me feel brilliant, when it comes to our great country.
Only 80% - may I use the excuse that I haven't taken a class in civics or US history since my freshman year at BYU some 40+ years ago? Please say that excuses something?!
90%, but we had a guy a CirclePix practicing for this several months ago, otherwise it might have been in the teens.
Post a Comment