Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bright blue and even brighter orange.

Who picks these as their school colors? Whose football team has been completely overrated for the past seven years and had only one truly glorious moment in that time (Hint: Bowl game/Oklahoma)? Whose fans start tailgating at noon, flocking in droves to the stadium while you're trying to get your three kids home for lunch after a full morning at the Discovery Center? Who beat BYU a few years back by the skin of their teeth thanks to a missed field goal attempt by the same kicker who halted screaming fans when he brutally tackled the punt returner, earning him a spot on ESPN's Top Ten? Twice. There was no glory in that win.

Man, I loathe BSU. Anna asked me today why I support BYU when we live in Boise. I didn't even bother to answer. I should probably check the score of tonight's game before declaring my dislike for the local team, but I'm too busy looking forward to Saturday. Go Cougs.

1 comment:

Topsy said...

Don't you wish you were in Dallas?