I should have known after bragging about Rachel's potty training success several months ago that I would end up eating my words. Once the jellybeans ran out, we discovered that though she mastered #2, she then yielded enough #1 accidents to prompt us to throw in the towel and outfit her in a Pull-up for the summer. It was either that or spend another few weeks of gorgeous early summer weather inside cleaning up pee. Sue me.
We tried again a couple of weeks ago. It was painful. Really painful. I dread the day that we tear up the carpets around here to reveal the yellow deposits our three eldest daughters have left on the carpet pad. I think I'll save a slice of it for each of their hope chests.
I'm pleased to announce that we are on week three and things are looking bright. She had her first accident in a week today but:
a. She threw her soiled clothing down the laundry chute.
b. She didn't run and hide.
And c. She asked for a rag and some pet stain spray to clean up the mess.
It ain't potty-training in a day, but I'll take it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ugh. Potty training. Its just such an awful part of parenting. I'm happy for you that things are better. Sawyer has been doing really well too. Hurray!
Post a Comment