I had signed up for the first shift manning one of the bouncy houses, which put us there before the crowds hit and the food was gone. The kids got to experience everything and walked away with their tummies and hearts filled with food and fun, respectively. Lily even said, "Mom, thanks for bringing us to this festival - that was really fun." What a grateful child.
I, too, am grateful for all the people who organize these events for the benefit of others. If I were to count all the people who devoted their time to this particular event, I'm sure it would number in the hundreds. I consider it no small thing that so many willingly dedicate time, energy, talents, equipment, etc. in service to others. Thank you for making my kids Saturday special while saving our pocketbooks. And thank you for inspring me to do the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment