
Tim and I discovered something about me the other day. I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when he engages in an activity that doesn't even fall in my top 20. Especially when he is simultaneously neglecting activities I rank far higher.
For instance. College football. I like it. If I could put my support behind a local team, I might even buy season tickets and make a weekly date out of it and pass it off as building family relationships. But when there are chores to be done, and I'm slaving over an upcoming Joy School lesson and the kids haven't even made it outside all morning, I don't take too kindly to the TV blaring the Penn State/Iowa game. Kinda bothers me.
On the other hand, Tim has a weekly game night with a couple of friends. Personally I think it's rather geeky, and I'm not thrilled with the fact that though it started out as a post-bedtime-so-as-not-to-interfere-with-family-life activity, circumstances have necessitated moving it to 7 pm on a weeknight. Whatever, though. He has tons of fun and that makes me happy.
So now we've run into a bit of a problem. I bought Tim an Ipod Touch for his birthday. Even a non-gadget gal like me can appreciate how cool this thing is. But, once again, it's taken precedence over, oh, pretty much everything else. He's in love. Or addicted. Or something. Perhaps I should have him schedule a weekly date night with his new companion. Cause I've been trying to get his attention all night. (Insert smile with just a hint of exasperation).
5 comments:
My husbands a little addicted too. bough an iphone. And now when he swears that we will be asleep early in the evening, to rest prior to our earliest morning run, i have to fall asleep to the blue glow of him 'working'. And if i comment, wow, the dam breaks. And they wonder why we hate these devices.???
Oy Tim...Tim...Tim...I hate to say it, but I wish I had half of the enthusiasm for things as he does. I need a hobby! Danny feels like he hit the jackpot if he can watch a football game and find a smile on my face afterwards...unfortunately, he has never hit the jackpot!
Welcome to it. We have iPhones...and love them. Jeremy's is like an appendage...he can't leave home without it. I love mine, too, but I don't think I'm as bad...?
It's amazing how something so small can do so much and can get so addicting. After a while it will get old, just to have something new come out that's even better... And it goes on....
So funny! Tim cracks me up. But, I have to say I can totally sympathize with you on the football thing. I think it's the noise that makes me crazy. Aram is actually really good about not watching too much, but it still drives me batty. So, I made a deal with him. He can watch football as long as he is productive while doing it; folding laundry, mopping the floor, fixing the vacuum, basically whatever I can think of. It's been a lovely arrangement because now I'm happy and he doesn't feel guilty.
Post a Comment