Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dear Santa.

It's time for a change.

I've been wearing the same pair of black shoes to church for the past 6 years. They're not even cute. They're open-toed and yes, I wear them in the winter. But they work. I'm a practical kind of girl, you see. And I happen to have no fashion sense, on top of that. So I wear shoes that I should be embarressed about, while "black dress shoes" rests a few notches down from the top on my wish list waiting for the fateful day when my shoes actually fall apart and I'm forced into upgrading.

I do have a backup pair, for snowy days, shoes with which I can actually sport a pair of nylons. But they are even older and uglier than the ones I wear regularly, so they remain at the back of my closet, destined to end up in the donation pile someday. I've considered consulting someone with a sense of style to assist me in shopping for a new pair. But then, that someone would probably suggest something outlandish like buying several pairs to dress up a variety of outfits and I'd be forced to break the bank. Unacceptable.

Please help. I've been nice instead of naughty this year. But you already know that.

3 comments:

Amy Heath said...

One pair of black Mary Janes will do. Pants, shorts, dresses, skirts..should fit fine! I totally understand.

Annie said...

I could use a new pair myself! My feet are now too large to fit into any of my "pre-baby" church shoes comfortably. Let's go shopping next time you are in town. Trust me, I won't talk you in to buying ANYTHING expensive or outlandish. You may however have to talk me into it! It will be hard to find a decent pair of shoes under $10! Tee hee!

Stace said...

I went shopping for boots recently and found a pair I loved at TJ Max (should be cheap right?). Wrong....$270! I know I gave the girl a funny look and she said "Well, these retail for $470" So, I put them back, not feeling sad at all! Good luck with shoe shopping! I suggest looking online if you dare! :)