Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Mind over matter.

Dinner tonight was Ahi Tuna. While reading the menu, I managed to skim over the fact that it was cooked to medium rare. You'd think living in Asia for over 13 years would have endeared me to raw fish. Nope. Give me California rolls anyday over sushi.

But I had paid for it... and I was hungry... and it was expensive. So I bit the bullet and ate it. And only then did I begin to understand how Lily feels practically every time she sits down to a meal. I used to think she was just playing me until I acquiesced to her demands for a different dinner. Okay, most of the time, she probably is trying to play me. But occasionally, she probably wants to yack. Just as I wanted to as I stomached the raw fish that had found its way onto my dinner plate the other night.

On another note, Avatar in 3D was pretty cool.

Thanks for a hot date, honey.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I never did real well with the raw fish either. You were brave!