I woke up this morning and took a look at my house. Really took a look at it. It was showing the signs of days, no, weeks of neglect. I shrugged my shoulders, rolled up my sleeves and got to work. Not much later, I realized that my kids, too, were showing signs of neglect. And their needs were ever so much more pressing. So we sat down and played a game together. But only after I convinced them to clean the playroom, of course.
Last night marked my major debut as the counselor in the Relief Society presidency over weekday meetings. We staged a musical accompanied by dinner. It was awesome - a spiritual experience, indeed. Still, I'm glad it's over. My children and my house will thank me. But only after I host book club tomorrow and teach Joy School next week. (And host a Joy School Christmas party, and send out Christmas cards, and make plates of cookies for neighbors, and, and, and, you know how it goes.)
Truly, though, I love the Christmas season. And somewhere in the middle of the mayhem, we get to reflect on what a marvelous gift the Savior is to us. I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude for my life and the role that He plays in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so grateful for all the time and effort you put into making the RS program what it was! I was so touched. I could relate very much to the musical and needed the message it gave. Thank you so much Susie! Good Luck with everything on your plate, you are a wonderful lady!! :)
I'm glad your program turned out so well, Susie. I wish I could have been there to see it and feel the spirit of it. Sounds like all your efforts paid off.
Post a Comment