Tuesday, January 26, 2010
The holidays are over.
Not exactly sure what it is about wrapping up the holiday season that makes me feel as if I can conquer the world. Perhaps it's the furor of everyone setting New Year's resolutions that gets me in the spirit of tackling the impossible. This year has been particularly so, as I glanced over my January/February calendar and found it devoid of all the "big things" - teaching Joy School, Relief Society events, etc. that seem to eclipse everything else I have going on. I made big plans to organize and scrub my house from top to bottom, get a jump on spring cleaning, if you will. But the truth is, I still have four young children. Dinner still has to get on the table everyday. There are loads of laundry that I simply cannot escape. I can only ignore a full dishwasher for so long. An empty produce drawer means a trip to the grocery store. And...things always pop up. Let's face it, those things seem ever so much more important than clean baseboards. Yes, the truth of it is, most days I drown in the humdrum of everyday tasks. The good news is, my kids and husband are happy and well-fed. And, I happened to clean my blinds yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're one up on me and I no longer have four young children. Good job! And your perspective sounds very healthy to me...
And you have a lot of blinds to clean, too. Good job!
Post a Comment