Sunday, January 3, 2010

I've never shopped at WinCo.

I know I should. And if I could get past the fact that I would have to drag at least two kids there (close to a 20 minute drive) to pay with a check and bag my groceries, I would have started a long time ago.
But here's how I save money.
1. I buy milk, cheese, butter, and eggs at Costco. I also use their coupons to stock up on other pantry items. And I have an executive membership that pays for itself because we get 2% cash back on all our purchases.
2. I haven't exactly gotten into the couponing craze that seems to be all the rage with moms these days. However, I do follow a local couponing blog so that I can take advantage of certain offers that benefit me the most. At my convenience.
3. I sit down at the computer (again, at my convenience) and construct a grocery list/menu based on the weekly ads. I combine their offers with whatever printable coupons I can snag for maximum savings.
4. I have a lot of self-control. Not too many impulse buys for this critter.
WinCo is in my future. If only for the bulk spices. I shocked a whole lot of friends by revealing my nasty secret. In the meantime, I keep to my budget quite nicely. And, I visit the store an average of every other week. I'd like to keep it that way.

2 comments:

Malauna said...

For the past 18 or so months Winco has accepted Debit cards. Leave the checkbook at home. haha

Susie said...

Ah, yes. But I get cash back on my credit card. And Albies has that great gas rewards program. In good time, Malauna. In good time.