Sunday, March 20, 2011

And so, life goes on.

Life seems to keep plodding along. My kids are blissfully unaware of the turmoil I feel inside as I go about my daily business. And that is as it should be. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming... right? So here are a couple of things we've done in the past week, in addition to the ultra-mundane (laundry, anyone?).
We have enjoyed the deep-fryer my brother-in-law gave us for Christmas. I rolled my eyes when it arrived as a package on our front doorstep - and Tim jumped for joy - knowing I would be forced to whip up some delectably disgusting deep-fried creations on his behalf. Its maiden voyage brought us french fries from scratch. Our most recent were these (before and after):


They were last Sunday's "breakfast for dinner", though we might have to switch the name to "dessert for dinner". Really.

In other news, the past two months we've been the gracious hosts to the following illnesses: strep throat, pink eye, the flu, gastroenteritis, the common cold (many times over) and, most recently, a freakish rash all over Rachel's body. The doctor assures us it's nothing to worry about, but still, I feel sorry for the child who's pretty much been in a constant state of illness for the months of February and March. Poor, sad thing. The weird thing about all of this is, we haven't been spreading any of this to each other (minus the colds). Does this mean we practice good hygiene/disease prevention at home and throw all caution to the wind in public?

Birthday parties have been the name of the game for a few weeks now. By the time we get through Anna's party this coming Friday, my two oldest girls will have attended 6 parties in a span of two weeks.

It's the middle of the night. That's all.

2 comments:

Karen Caldwell said...

yummy! you're good cook Susie. those look awesome.
my mother-in-law does donuts with canned bisquits. Just make a hole in the middle. good family night treat.

Ralina said...

Those donuts look so good. I would definitely use it a lot for that. How fun to be able to make them as a family together.