We went shopping after school so she could pick out a few of her own presents - at least the boring ones like new church shoes and a couple of belts. Then, after dinner we sang and opened family presents while she failed to cooperate for a picture.
Friday we had a birthday party. I caved and scheduled one at a place in town where the kids could climb and party to their hearts content while I let someone else do most of the work. I finally understand why they charge so much freaking money for such engagements - we had the room to ourselves and we walked out of there within 10 minutes of the party ending- no mess! And all I had to do was prepare the cupcakes and party favors. Nevertheless, such parties will not be the norm at our house. I've already warned Lily and Rachel not to ask for something like that until they're eight.
It wouldn't be a party without a younger sister getting hurt... and an older sister who couldn't care less.
We had a couple of cousins from Utah join us including this chubby doll:
She even said thank you without provocation upon receipt of every.single.present. Phew! I thought I'd be saying, "What do you say?" to elicit a "thank you" for the rest of her life.
And then it was off to welcome guests at home. Lickety split.
1 comment:
She is getting big. I rememeber when she was a baby. Happy 8th Birthday to Anna!
Post a Comment