When I was younger (about 9), my mom invested many hours preparing a book for me, one that would provide a segway into the official "sex talk" (I have now officially blocked all of you with internet filters from reading this post). I cherished that book, and wanted to carry on the tradition to my own children, though in a slightly modified fashion. The book I made was more of a baptism book - one that would help her understand the covenants she will make when she is baptized next week and... provide a segway into the official "sex talk". Tim and I felt it was an appropriate time to open the dialogue so, after completing the book just a day before, we scheduled a special date with Anna last night, took her to dinner and dessert, and shared the book with her.
It went well. I'll just leave it at that.
No comments:
Post a Comment