We now have 6-8 months of boring dry goods like rice, beans, sugar, wheat, flour, etc. In the event there is no actual "emergency", they will be sitting there for the next 25 years.
4 months of MRE's (we bought these a couple of years ago - pricey, but my bowels with thank me if I have more variety than wheat and wheat).
And 3 months of stuff we actually use. This is just the part in our storage room. And I realize that if I had those cool can rotating systems, my shelves would look much sweeter. But man, those things aren't cheap! I'll get there someday.
If you count the apple pie filling and peaches I canned last year, I'm guessing we might even have like 10 years worth of food. Just a hunch.
1 comment:
Awesome Susie,
That is no easy job. I'm impressed.
Post a Comment