And the token picture (courtesy of Lily, taken a couple of weeks ago).
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Oh so ordinary.
Up in the middle of the night aiding a coughing child. Early rising. A few chapters in Ether. Life cereal. A bit of nagging for kids to get ready on time. (Well, actually just Lily, as usual). Last minute preparations for Joy School. Puppet shows, singing, beanbag dancing, smoothie-making, story-telling, marble run building. Kindergarten pickup. A visit to the book fair. A six-year-old's wish granted (on her tab). Sandwiches and grapes. More beanbag dancing. Snuggling with the cougher. More storytelling. Back scratches. Quiet time. Ah. Unsuccessful appointment-making. Dinner preparations. In-home piano lesson. The Bookmobile. Chicken salad sandwiches. Bathtime. A bit of 1st Nephi with the family. Put the Shoulder to the Wheel. Heads bowed. Anne of Avonlea. Whatever the three younger children pick out as their bedtime story. Back scratches. Kisses. Good night! At least, one can hope.
And the token picture (courtesy of Lily, taken a couple of weeks ago).
And the token picture (courtesy of Lily, taken a couple of weeks ago).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I must know what beanbag dancing is? And that picture makes me think of a certain Phineas and Ferb episode--have you seen it? In which the baking soda volcano always wins at the science fair. LOL. I have never made a baking soda volcano ... but yours looks pretty cool!
Polliwog - beanbag dancing is just my shortened way of saying dancing to a Hap Palmer activity song with beanbags. You know, the kind of song that says stuff like (and I'm quoting here): Throw the beanbag and catch, turn around, turn around, jump, jump, jump. Put it on your head and walk around the room. Put it on your shoulder, your foot, your elbow, and so on, and so on. Maybe too much information, but kids love that stuff. At least mine do.
Oh, and baking soda volcanoes are awesome.
Ah, we did that song with a teddy bear I think in preschool. That's so fun.
Another question: 4 months of MRE's means how many? and did you get full meals or entrees? I have never bought these, but I think I am going to and I'd love some insight. :)
Polliwog - The MRE's we got typically come in #10 cans. Each can contains between 30-40 servings of one entree (Chicken Teriyaki with Rice, Fettucine Alfredo, Vegetable Stew, etc.). We bought a three month supply of 8 different entrees. Obviously, this is meant to supplement the rest of our food storage, as the same eight meals would get old after a while, but hey, who can complain about just having to add water and voila!
Anyway, they were running a special when we purchased so we got two extra half-month supplies with smaller quantities (in pouches) but more variety. Hope that answers your questions!
Great info, thanks. One more ... where did you buy them? I see them usually in packets, not in cans.
I bought them through a company called Daily Bread, but the company that manufactures the #10 cans is Mountain House and you can find their products at a number of online stores, including Amazon.
Post a Comment