Really, though, I'm trying to reform my picky children in small ways. Each time we go the the grocery store (or the fruit stand) I encourage them to select one fruit or vegetable that we rarely eat (or have never eaten). Two weeks ago, we happened upon a coconut at the fruit stand. Nevermind that I had to watch a Youtube video to figure out how to open the darn thing, it was an experience. And the consensus is that fresh coconut is really not all that great. But if we were stuck on a deserted island with coconut trees, we'd stomach them in order to stay hydrated - provided I had access to a machete, that is.
Sunday, July 1, 2012
For the health of it.
One of our goals for the summer is to eat a wide variety of healthy foods. I'm sure the ample stash of popsicles, Otter Pops, and orange creamsicles in my freezer fits the bill, right?
Really, though, I'm trying to reform my picky children in small ways. Each time we go the the grocery store (or the fruit stand) I encourage them to select one fruit or vegetable that we rarely eat (or have never eaten). Two weeks ago, we happened upon a coconut at the fruit stand. Nevermind that I had to watch a Youtube video to figure out how to open the darn thing, it was an experience. And the consensus is that fresh coconut is really not all that great. But if we were stuck on a deserted island with coconut trees, we'd stomach them in order to stay hydrated - provided I had access to a machete, that is.
Really, though, I'm trying to reform my picky children in small ways. Each time we go the the grocery store (or the fruit stand) I encourage them to select one fruit or vegetable that we rarely eat (or have never eaten). Two weeks ago, we happened upon a coconut at the fruit stand. Nevermind that I had to watch a Youtube video to figure out how to open the darn thing, it was an experience. And the consensus is that fresh coconut is really not all that great. But if we were stuck on a deserted island with coconut trees, we'd stomach them in order to stay hydrated - provided I had access to a machete, that is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment