Today I thought how befitting my blog title is. First, it has ties to our last name. And second, the Dr. Seuss book from which I stole the title describes the attitudes of my children to a "T". I feel my frustration mounting that my enjoyment of cooking is diminished by the fact that my children turn up their noses at practically everything I serve for dinner. The only thing I can think of that all three of my children will eat at this point in their lives is mangoes. To be fair, kids are often picky eaters and they go through phases where they eat more liberally than others. But, after a conversation with my neighbor today about our kids' eating habits, I am extra discouraged. I am pretty convinced that my children are worse than the norm. And that makes the next 18 plus years of cooking meals for them very daunting. Ugh.
The good news is, Tim really enjoys my cooking and is quick to express his pleasure by scarfing it down, thanking me, and occasionally adding a bit of drama by inserting a few "mmm"s and "ahh"s in between mouthfuls. He is so good to me.
As for the kids, well, there's always breakfast for dinner on Sundays. A surefire winner every time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm not supposed to be the neighbor who gives discouragement! I hope that your girls will decide that you are a great cook and change their taste buds accordingly.
SOON!
Oh, I SO hear you!! Don't worry, my kids are (I'm convinced) worse than most too. It is very discouraging when it comes to cooking. I just make sure there is rice, fruit or corn on the table so that Smidget will have something to eat. That kid won't even eat bread! What?! Don't feel too bad. It has to end at some point ... right?
Brett has banned the kids from commenting on the meal. So now they try, "I prefer," or "this one is as much my favorite as that one," but the looks on their faces still convey when they think my food stinks. Oh well.
We can totally picture Tim and his eating sounds. I have to admit Susie, that you are one of the only blogs I actually read. You have such a great way of capturing the essence of motherhood, I really think you should write a book someday.
Hope all is well.
Post a Comment