
FYI, Hogle Zoo is located on a hill. If you aren't fortunate enough to find parking in the main lot, much of what is available can be found on a particularly steep slope located to the east of the zoo. You can also find rather hilly terrain within the zoo itself. Though there are a few inclines that require the utmost attention to the force of gravity, most of the main path is so gradual that you don't even realize that you've descended several hundred feet by the time you get to turn around and head back to the entrance. Keep in mind that your children will be tired at the end of their zoo experience, which means that the one child who sat in your stroller for much of the trip will be accompanied by another child in the other seat, and a third child standing on the rear platform of your Sit-and Stand. If you're in a hurry when it's time to go, this translates into you pushing over 100 pounds back up the slope that you wish you had calculated in and parking your stroller at the entrance with grandma while you run up the almost-perpendicular slope that you
had factored in to fetch your vehicle. You will finish a 20 oz. bottle of water before you even complete your drive from the parking spot to the zoo entrance. Just FYI.

Oh, and half of your kids will be so interested in the animals that they will not respond when you call out their names and request that they say "Cheese" for a picture. But, I suppose, that's probably not such a bad thing. Here's to wonderful trips to the zoo with a bunch of wonderful cousins!
7 comments:
I'll keep that in mind.
Ah, the Hogle Zoo. Love that place. It sounds like I missed the trip, but if by any chance you end up in Utah July 18-early August, give me a call. I'll be at my mom's. I would love to introduce my girls to yours--Chatterbox is starting kindergarten this fall too (though she's not 5 until November-that's California for you).
Hey you're in my neck of the woods. How long are you here?
Have you ever been to the zoo in DC? Now those are some hills!
Actually, I'm behind on my blogging and this was from a quick trip over Memorial Day Weekend.
And really, the hills weren't so bad, it's just that I'm a big baby used to Zoo Boise, which is almost completely flat.
I was like, yeah Susies here, but then I just read your comment. Your mom looks great by the way. We are going to Hogle Zoo in the next week or so, so thanks for the advice!
See you soon. You'd better email me because we are moving and my phone number will probably change.
Oh, it was great to have you guys here for the weekend! It was the highlight of our month (or months!)
Post a Comment