I have always been the type to try something new each time I go to the same restaurant. Tim? He finds a favorite menu item and orders it over and over. And over. Carne Asada burrito at Beto's, Outback Special at Outback Steakhouse, Louisiana Chicken Pasta at Cheesecake Factory to name just a few. There are advantages to this behavior. Tim always loves what he orders. It's pretty hit and miss for me. I'm somewhat adventurous, so I'm rarely disappointed with my selection but there are those few occasions where Tim gloats and says "I told you so" in so many terms. Still, I'd rather spice up the experience in the hopes that what I order will at least match if not beat what I ate the last time.
Of course, there's one exception to the rule. Gandolfo's Deli. I've been going to Gandolfo's since I was a junior in high school and usually try to hit the joint each time I'm in town visiting my parents. We recently discovered that a franchise had opened here in Boise and, on top of that got a buy one get one free coupon in our Valpak this month. Wahoo! As Tim and I approached the counter, he asked me what I was getting. Well, The Godfather of course! What else? Chicken cutlet, marinara, mozzarella, parmesan cheese, tomato, salt and pepper on a buttered hero roll. Love it so much I can't bear to try anything else. Keep The Godfather coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oooh, good choice on the Godfather. Gandolfos has fallen out of my routine because of their quality issues in their franchise locations. Hopefully, Boise is better.
Post a Comment