As we decluttered in preparation for putting our house on the market, I determined that the maternity clothes were not in high demand, boxed them up and put them in the garage. My regular clothes are starting to get a bit uncomfortable so I went out there tonight in order to be prepared. You guessed it. I couldn't find them. Every box out there is labeled according to its contents, but somehow maternity clothes slipped under the radar and probably ended up in some other box with unrelated contents. Augh! Hopefully I still have a few weeks.
I also found out a few weeks ago that I would have to switch doctors because Tim's company has drastically altered their insurance plan. Not only that, but I will be going to a different hospital. I've heard good things about the new hospital, particularly that they are very accommodating to mothers opting for a medication-free birth (a plus for me), but I'm still inconvenienced that my wonderful doctor (who carried me through my last two pregnancies) will not be a part of this one. What I liked most about my doctor? Despite his wealth of schooling and experience, he acknowledges a mother's experience and does not express strong opinions unless asked specifically (or, of course, when it is medically necessary). He also complies to mom's wishes regarding her pregnancy and birth (within reason, of course). He doesn't understand why I want to deliver my babies without an epidural, but he is not inconvenienced by the fact that he has less control over the timing of my deliveries, given the fact that I can feel everything and my labor is not slowed down by the epidural (as some are). I will miss him.
Anyway, I've hit a few roadblocks. But I will conquer. Oh, and if it turns out that I did, in fact, accidentally shove the box containing my maternity clothes into the section headed for D.I., does anyone want to donate to the Save Susie's Pregnancy Wardrobe Fund?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah Suz I wish you were here so I could loan you some of my clothes! At least the ones that I'm not currently wearing - haha.
I heard through Dr. Ricks that the company changed insurance. That stinks! Does that mean you now have to deliver at St. A?
Didn't you used to see Dr. W? I loved him. I would actually considering flying home to deliver the next baby with him. But since I always deliver in the evening or night on weekends, no luck probably.
Post a Comment