Sunday, September 14, 2008
Labor Day pics.
Yep, I'm not so quick on the draw, but I couldn't forget to include a few great pictures of the little "hike" we took with the kids when my parents were visiting. We walked along a bit of the Oregon Trail in the reserve that is pretty much a stone's throw from our house. Until now, we hadn't really ventured over there. Sad. The actual terrain is pretty much flat and replete with sagebrush and other less-appealing vegetation, but we captured a couple nice views of the river, foothills, and valley and enjoyed the few tidbits of history the Parks and Rec. Dept. so kindly provided along the way. The kids were begging for piggy-back rides after a mere 30 minutes. They even complained that it was harder than their hike to Table Rock. Ha! Thanks, Grandpa and Grandma for keeping them up way too late the night before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're right. I DID enjoy it - a lot. I know it's not an easy job, and the obvious, immediate rewards are few, but there is an immeasureable joy, goodness and rightness about the "sweet monotony of early motherhood," as you aptly name it. You're doing great work. Susie. I'm glad that you recognize the value of your efforts.
Post a Comment