After a bleak few months where I could muster no enthusiasm for either of the presidential candidates, the announcement of the vice presidential nominees has made things fun again. Though I'm still undecided, I'm truly reveling in the media heyday that has ensued in recent weeks. My cousin linked a video of the SNL skit depicting Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin on her blog. Did you guys see it? Hilarious.
Tim also referred me to a pretty funny (and accurate) Jib Jab video. Has anyone else become disenchanted by the remarkable ability of polilticians to rally support by making empty promises? I have been a victim of getting caught up in the hype of conventions and campaigns only to find that the principles that candidates so boldly pushed before they were elected take a backseat to bureaucracy once they step into their roles. Ugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just love hearing her rip on Barak!
Post a Comment