Monday, September 15, 2008

Sans camera.

Some of my most cherished moments cannot be captured by camera. The planting of 130 hyacinths this morning, for instance. I finally asked Anna to run inside and grab the camera so that I could shed my dirt-ridden gloves to take a few. After a 20 minute push-and-shove session over their daily jobs (getting dressed, brushing hair and teeth, tidying their rooms, and making their beds - I know, such difficult chores) they jumped at the chance to join me in the front yard to "help". Let's face it, kids love dirt. And sometimes, they actually enjoy work, too. As long as it involves dirt...

Sailing behind my "big girl" as she rides her bike to school. On a 75 degree day, like today, it's especially delightful.
Reading in bed with the kids. Playing "ponies" with Lily. Snuggling with Rachel as she rouses from an afternoon nap. She still carries that slight hint of "baby" that is so precious and yummy. Those are just a few. And all but one have not been recorded successfully on camera.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I love that Anna is hard at work in her pearl necklace! So cute...

Katie M said...

Such a cute picture Susie!