In honor of finally getting our house on the market, I've decided to list the top ten things I will miss about our home.
1. The laundry chute. Last night I had second thoughts about my affection for the chute as my 16 month-old was throwing toys down it (being encouraged by the squeals and laughter of her older sisters, who were waiting below).
2. Our moon window. We have this square window on the landing that, when we first purchased the house, seemed rather odd, at best. We have since discovered that each night as we head upstairs to retire to our bed, we catch a picturesque glimpse of the night sky - a perfect frame for the moon.
3. No backyard neighbors. It's not that we're private people. In fact, we spent the first year in our house with no fence and we'd often catch our neighbors walking across our yard (or playing on our swing set). I miss that, at times. What we enjoy now is gate access to a common area - a great playground for nature walks and adventures with the kids.
4. Our view of the Boise foothills. Okay, so it's not nearly as astounding as being nestled in the mountains, but if you catch the normally-brown foothills in just the right light, at sunset, it's actually rather beautiful.
5. My kitchen. Spacious. Open. Warm. Lots of light. Plenty of storage. I know, I sound like our for sale by owner flyer. But, it's true!
6. My rose bushes. During the summer, they grow just high enough to bless my kitchen windows (situated right in front of our dining area) with a gorgeous view of dozens of beautiful red roses.
7. Our garage. Have you ever seen a four-car garage? I hadn't, until we bought this house. What I like best about it, though, is that it's two cars deep (and then some) and two cars wide so that when you look at our house from the front, the garage doesn't dominate. It just looks like your average two-car until you open the door.
8. My neighbors. My hairdresser lives two doors down. At least she was my hairdresser until a few months ago when she quit to spend more time with her family (Hmmph. Priorities...) My next door neighbor on one side is a horticulturist with a big heart who has saved our lawn and landscaping with his wisdom and service. And I can't even begin to enumerate the roles that my other next-door neighbor has played over the past three years. I will miss them all.
9. An east-facing backyard. Which means that when it's 7 o'clock and pushing 100 degrees, I can sit on my back patio in relative comfort.
10. Lots and lots of tulips and lilies. If I'm lucky, they will be in full bloom just in time for someone to make an offer and then I'll take what is rightfully mine and run!
1. The laundry chute. Last night I had second thoughts about my affection for the chute as my 16 month-old was throwing toys down it (being encouraged by the squeals and laughter of her older sisters, who were waiting below).
2. Our moon window. We have this square window on the landing that, when we first purchased the house, seemed rather odd, at best. We have since discovered that each night as we head upstairs to retire to our bed, we catch a picturesque glimpse of the night sky - a perfect frame for the moon.
3. No backyard neighbors. It's not that we're private people. In fact, we spent the first year in our house with no fence and we'd often catch our neighbors walking across our yard (or playing on our swing set). I miss that, at times. What we enjoy now is gate access to a common area - a great playground for nature walks and adventures with the kids.
4. Our view of the Boise foothills. Okay, so it's not nearly as astounding as being nestled in the mountains, but if you catch the normally-brown foothills in just the right light, at sunset, it's actually rather beautiful.
5. My kitchen. Spacious. Open. Warm. Lots of light. Plenty of storage. I know, I sound like our for sale by owner flyer. But, it's true!
6. My rose bushes. During the summer, they grow just high enough to bless my kitchen windows (situated right in front of our dining area) with a gorgeous view of dozens of beautiful red roses.
7. Our garage. Have you ever seen a four-car garage? I hadn't, until we bought this house. What I like best about it, though, is that it's two cars deep (and then some) and two cars wide so that when you look at our house from the front, the garage doesn't dominate. It just looks like your average two-car until you open the door.
8. My neighbors. My hairdresser lives two doors down. At least she was my hairdresser until a few months ago when she quit to spend more time with her family (Hmmph. Priorities...) My next door neighbor on one side is a horticulturist with a big heart who has saved our lawn and landscaping with his wisdom and service. And I can't even begin to enumerate the roles that my other next-door neighbor has played over the past three years. I will miss them all.
9. An east-facing backyard. Which means that when it's 7 o'clock and pushing 100 degrees, I can sit on my back patio in relative comfort.
10. Lots and lots of tulips and lilies. If I'm lucky, they will be in full bloom just in time for someone to make an offer and then I'll take what is rightfully mine and run!
So, anyone know anyone looking for a house in Boise?
2 comments:
Wow Sus, this is quite the flurry of posts. This particular post makes it sound like you are moving to a different state and not the 2-3 blocks that I remember it being. Regardless, moving is tough. Good luck with the house selling!
Well, we cannot get too connected to things but as for me I still do not know why you are choosing to sell the larger home (finances I guess) and not sell the smaller home and pay off as much as you can of the larger home.....anyway it will all work out
Post a Comment