Monday, March 24, 2008

On the flip side.


Top ten reasons I look forward to moving back into our first home turned rental property.

1. I will have only 1400 square feet of space to clean compared with my current 2500. Hurray!

2. Square foot gardening. 4 garden beds designed specifically for vegetable gardening will make me one happy camper!

3. Color. I miss the blue room. And, our most recent tenants (actually, they're also our friends) painted the main room a most delightful shade to replace the boring white that used to reside there.

4. Built-in garage shelving. One could argue, who needs shelving when we've got 960 square feet of garage space to work with at our current home? But for one who despises clutter, you might understand a bit.

5. Frogs. There's this swampy area behind the property that caters to frogs in the summertime. A soothing lullaby, if you ask me.

6. No backyard neighbors. Unless you count the junior high school kids running the track during P.E.

7. Walking path. It turns what would be a five-minute drive into a five-minute walk (or two minute bike ride) to the elementary school where Anna will start kindergarten in the fall.

8. Nearby friends. A bunch of intelligent ladies who make up my book group will soon be my neighbors as well.

9. Mature trees. In this case, mature means that you don't have to fight your five-year-old for the shade.

10. A garden shed. This way, I can keep the fertilizer and the vehicle separate, thank you very much.


Thanks for indulging me. But, then again, this is my journal. You are welcome to read it, but you don't have to like it.

2 comments:

Malauna said...

The grass is definitely greener at your first house. ;)

I will miss having you next door terribly. I sure hope the people who buy your house are so trustworthy that I can give them the baby monitor to listen to my sleeping children in the afternoons when I need to step out.

Valerie said...

I love both of your houses because they give/have given us a place to visit you and Tim and those precious girls, a place that is reasonably close to Utah. Thanks for all the pix on other posts which help us feel closer than we are, geographically that is.