As I've mentioned before, I grew up with 5 brothers (and only one sister, nine years younger than me). Thanks to my inexperience with girls (in a family setting, that is), I've sometimes doubted my ability to mother three of them (and perhaps more to come, the way we're going).
My kids have a shoebox full of clips and hair bows, most of which were given to them by their sweet grandmother (my mother-in-law) and which largely go unused. I could blame it on the crazy haircuts my kids have given themselves in recent months, but, instead, let's call it like it is. I'm just not a girly person.
Crafts? At our house it means a box full of tempera paints and a stack of construction paper. I try though, I really do.
Oh, and it only occured to me recently that my kids could wear dresses on days other than Sunday.
Sure, my kids are into dress-up and princesses and dolls but they equally love rolling in mud, wrestling and scaling just about anything that looks treacherous. Good thing I don't have anxiety issues.
Anyway, I decided that, since Tim was going out of town overnight this week, I should try to have fun with the fact that I was blessed with three beautiful, fun, creative girls and have a ladies night. Among other things, our plan included cooking together, doing a craft, eating chocolate, styling hair, painting nails, and watching a chick flick (ok, Ratatoille, I had to cheat somewhere).
We only got through half of it before my kids had obedience issues and I had to withhold privileges (namely, painting nails and Ratatoille). Serious disappointment. At least I got my chocolate, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Chocolate is a good soother, but it must have been frustrating to have to cut your plans short. I guess the girls just couldn't handle so much girl stuff all in one night? btw, I'm not a girly person either, so you never received much training in that area - sorry.
Post a Comment