
Six months ago, my younger sister Jill moved in with our family. Have you ever tried living with a 21-year-old? Sure, I lived with dozens of them, when I was 21 myself. Most of them were mission companions with whom I had barrels of fun. Except when we both thought we were right about something. Or when it was time to clean the apartment. The fact is, most 21 year-olds are self-centered. And that's to be expected. Not Jill.
Jill played with my children daily, washed her dishes, tidied the house, helped with dinner and put up with my demanding, opinionated self. Our lives were pretty much uninterrupted by her presence in our home. She considered our needs before her own (perhaps a little too much?) and we all miss having her around to swing the kids around, play Settlers, keep us up late talking, and take pics of our entire family.
Jill's been gone for over two months now. I hadn't taken the opportunity to get it down on paper, but it was fun having Jill around. I couldn't have hand-picked a sister more different than me, and I must admit, that is a good thing. Happy 22nd birthday!
5 comments:
Wow Suz...thank you! I think it's pretty safe to say that I miss you guys more. I can't WAIT to be there this week.
Are you implying I never cleaned the apartment? Oh wait, your very right about that. I loved to leave my backpack and books on the coffee table and drive you nuts. At least I didn't use all the toilet paper like Lisa. And take nudy pics of my boyfriend on our couch.....
Wow, tell jilly bean she can move in with us anyday. Might erase the bad memories from our former live in.
What's this about nudy pics?
Hahaha. To be honest, I don't remember half of the things that drove me crazy about my former roommates (and companions). But Lisa, oh, how could I forget her? Thanks for the visual image, Melissa. Glen is now forever imprinted. Ew! Gotta go wash my hands or something...with bleach...and LOTS of toilet paper...
Post a Comment