We all know the no-nos of drinking bathwater. It's filled with all sorts of bacteria that used to rest on your own body (or, in my kids' cases, your sister's body). May I add to the list: dead skin, hair, microscopic bits of fecal matter, and soap. But I discovered another potential hazard associated with this disgusting habit, which I've found myself discouraging less forcefully with each child I witness practicing it. (Sue me, I'm getting tired in my old age.)
Did you know that drinking bathwater can induce vomiting? Well, at least it did for Rachel tonight. We've experienced poop in the bathtub multiple times, up until Lily was potty-trained, but this? This was another matter. Anna and I both started gagging before I could usher the kids into the other bathroom to get clean, again. What a stench. I think I will have to be more vigilant next time Rachel raises the plastic watering can to her mouth while taking a bath...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Did we as children throw-up as much as much as children nowadays seem to? Vomit is gross.
So So So so so gross. HA!
Post a Comment