We stopped in on Tim's Grandma Egbert. We hadn't seen her for almost a year! Shame, shame. Anna learned a valuable lesson about visiting people when they are "old and lonely", as she put it herself, even though it's not always the place with the most toys. Though remarkably, Grandma Egbert does have plenty of toys... oh well, I think Anna still patted herself on the back for her "service".
Tim and I headed up to Salt Lake for his mission reunion. Tim mistakenly assumes that I am the more social of the two of us because he spent his high school years as a Pantera-t-shirt-wearing, long-haired, less-than-approachable teenager. I don't know that Tim. The Tim I know can talk to anyone. And he usually does. Luckily I didn't have to stand idly by while he reconnected with a few buddies from his days in Colombia. Tim's mission buddies happen to have some of the coolest wives ever. Lucky me.
The entire family (my parents, siblings and their children) went out to eat for my birthday (okay, the day after my birthday) and celebrated with Texas Sheet Cake. Mmmm.
We spent lots of time watching General Conference (no pictures, sorry). As always, it was a time to reflect upon my testimony of the restored gospel of Christ, which deepens year after year. Though the commotion created by busy children often cuts into my attention to this semi-annual event, I find it remarkable that the messages that are intended for me still manage to come through loud and clear. Oh, and thank goodness for the Ensign.
After traveling home Sunday afternoon, we capped off the weekend on Monday morning with a visit from my dear friend Sherri and her family. Boise is not on most people's list of popular destinations, so we are always grateful for visitors. Thanks for stopping in, guys!
1 comment:
Just for the record I think you are very cool too. I am always happy when we are all able to get together. It was very fun chatting at the Woods and at the reunion. Have fun visiting Melissa and James - pass along a hug for us.
Michele
PS. I hop you don't mind I am going to steal the picture of our husbands off your blog : )
Post a Comment