Monday, April 7, 2008
Lessons from a living prophet and apostles.
As I watched General Conference this weekend, I reflected on the blessing of having a living prophet and apostles to teach us, much as the Savior and his apostles did when they were on the earth long ago. In a way, the early apostles came to life for me as I heard the servants that the Lord has chosen in our day to preach the gospel. The people who lived in the Savior's day enjoyed sitting at his very feet to listen to His word. Today, we can sit in our homes (across the world) and hear His teachings from those who hold the same priesthood that was given to his apostles back then. A simple lesson, but a poignant one for me, one that motivates me to feast upon the words spoken this past weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment