I'm wondering if any of you can give me any hope that my two oldest daughters will ever include my youngest in their play? Rachel's official title is "annoying little sister" right now, which generally means that she gets locked out of the playroom so that Anna and Lily can play in peace. Something about the fact that she steals toys, knocks over structures, can't talk very well...
It's frustrating to me, because when Lily was Rachel's age, Anna was happy to have someone other than mom and dad to play with so they made the relationship work. But since they now have each other, Rachel's not worth the trouble. I feel bad for Rachel, and I feel bad for myself, because it's like having an only child all over again. What can I do to foster the relationship between her and her older sisters?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sometimes what I have to do with the twins and Alyssa is have one of the twins with me or doing something else and let the other two play together for awhile. I think it helps them to have time to play with the "annoying little sister" without the "fun sister" around??? I don't know if it makes sense or if it will help...We face the same thing all the time. It is frustrating! Good luck!
There is no hope.
Try giving Rachel something brand new to do. The older sisters will be intrigued with the new activity. The only catch? They have to play WITH her if they want to participate. If that doesn't work, at least Rachel will have something fun to do too. Don't worry; you are an amazing mom doing an amazing job!
Post a Comment