
We've had our house on the market for four weeks now. We keep it 15-20 minutes away from perfect 24 hours a day. I've tried to make the whole experience fun for my kids. They get to earn tickets for getting the house ready to show, which they will redeem for prizes after the house sells. After four weeks, the little dears are still motivated by this simple system. It could also be the cookies that we pop in the oven before each showing to make the house smell scrumptious. Yep, I'm guessing it's the cookies.
I'm not sure how long I can hold up under the pressure of a having a picture perfect house. I like it. I like it a lot. Clean is simply invigorating. I just don't enjoy that it comes at the expense of the carefree, light-hearted approach to life that my kids so desperately need. Thank goodness it's only temporary.
Oh, and will someone please buy my house after the daffodils, tulips and hyacinths have bloomed and gone? I'm really enjoying them.
4 comments:
Susie, is the hyacinth picture one from your yard? I wish I could be up there to see the results of all your planning and planting. I bet it's beautiful. Did you show your house again on Friday?
After living in a "listed" house now since November of 2006 (yes, that is a year and 5 months) I FEEL YOUR CLEANING PAIN ! It is nice to live in a clutter free home, and I anticipate that after we are out of this housing market mess I will continue to be nick-nack free. Let's try to look for the good lessons learned, right? Best of luck to you in selling your home. If nothing more, our kids will learn from a very young age how to clean. That's good, right? :)
We will add your house to our prayers. Tough market to be selling right now. Good luck. P.S. Nice to see you delving into the Clive Cussler arena!
I want to see more pictures of your yard and house!
Post a Comment