Friday, August 1, 2008

Out of the woods?

Last night we grilled pizza for dinner. Tim kept asking if I had done something different, altered the sauce somehow, rolled the dough out thinner, cooked it a different length of time... to which I finally responded, "No, it's just that I haven't cooked for you in the last two months so your taste buds are ultra appreciative." I have, in fact, made dinner every night this week. Yea! We just might be out of the woods here.
Which reminds me, while visiting my grandma in San Diego last year, the conversation drifted to pregnancy and she mentioned that she had never experienced any sort of pregnancy-induced nausea. In fact, she thinks that "morning sickness" is pretty much psychosomatic, a condition induced primarily by one's knowledge of her pregnancy instead of actual hormonal changes. I had to laugh. If you know my grandma, such a statement is neither surprising nor offensive. It's just grandma.

Now that my experience is very recent, and the difference between last week and this so stark, her opinion seems all the more humorous. Psychosomatic...

3 comments:

Abbey said...

So glad to hear your feeling better! Alright, I think I need your BBQ pizza recipe, and your spring roll recipe, and your chocolate chip cookie recipe....

Topsy said...

wow you are on a blogging roll. I've missed you.

Valerie said...

That really is a good article. I wonder if anyone ever tried to give me that perspective when I was raising you guys. It's a great perspective. Glad to hear that you may have turned the corner on the nausea...