Thursday, August 28, 2008

The results are in.

Actually, that's not entirely accurate. We had our 20-week ultrasound today and, sure enough, baby is adorable, in a skeletal, alien sort of way. For now, it is still an "it" and will remain so until his/her birth in another 4 1/2 months. I'm hoping that keeping it a secret will motivate me sufficiently to persist through another unmedicated labor. On second thought, maybe I should sign up for that hypno-birthing class I've seen advertised...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so excited when I saw the title of your post until you reminded us that it's going to remain a mystery. Ugh! Lame. ;) That's okay though. It will just be that more exciting when your little boy comes along.

Valerie said...

Halfway through - awesome! Here's hoping that the 2nd half will be quicker and easier than the 1st half and that your unmedicated delivery is also quicker and easier than ever before. It's hard to imagine you guys with a boy. I wonder what he would look like...and, of the present 5 Egberts, whose temperament would he most likely have? Fun thoughts.

Annie said...

whatever "it" is going to be, we will love "it" dearly. Hang in there!