Some people assume that pet peeves are irrational, that they border on obsessive. I tend to agree. People's pet peeves are usually minor complaints that grate on them, and them only in a way that gets them highly emotional. It's silly, really.
That being said, I have a pet peeve of my own. I despise when people don't return their shopping carts to the proper location. Especially, especially when the cart return area is only a few parking spots over. Here's why. Basically, when one doesn't return his cart, he is essentially saying that his convenience supercedes that of the person whose car will not fit into the space because of the ill-placed cart, or the person who ultimately returns the cart. Also that the rules apply to pregnant moms with millions of groceries to load and three kids to buckle into their seats but not to them.
Heck, maybe you are a pregnant mom with millions of groceries and three kids. I am. And I still return my cart. Every time. Because I try to assume that there is someone else out there who has it tougher than I. And he doesn't need my cart blocking his parking spot.
Perhaps you can note the elevated temper in my writing. See what I mean? Completely irrational. Pet peeves are lame.
But if that gets my blood boiling it does not hold a candle to semi-trucks passing other semis on a two-lane highway. Talk about get-in-your-face annoying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Maybe the semi truck driver has his wife in the car as his partner and maybe she is in labor adn he has to rush her to the hospital. So he speeds up exactly 2 miles an hour faster than tne adjacent truck and "rushes" his poor wife to the ER????????
It could happen.
Hahahaha.
And that is the reason why I drive around the parking lot until I'm able to park right next to a cart return.
Good food for thought Susie. I sometimes go by my mood and my cart may be returned properly or merely left at the intersection of four parking spaces, depending on a number of factors. I leave it where no cars will be blocked but, based on your perspective, I'm still a pain in someone's neck and need to be more selfless. Thanks for a good reminder...
Malauna: I do the same thing!
And mom, for heavens sake, I wasn't asking anyone to change their habits (although it would, of course make me a bit happier), just that pet peeves are rather silly when it comes right down to it. Why get your panties tied up in a knot over such a small thing, right?
Post a Comment