I consider myself a pretty practical person. I'd like to think that even if I had unlimited funds, I will still exercise a bit of self-control and keep to a reasonable budget. Still, there are a few small ways in which convenience rules over frugality for me. Here are a few:
1. Car washes. Since having kids, I don't think I've ever washed our car by hand. The inside? Sure, I'll give that a good wipe-down but I'm all for power vacuuming and a power wash. Someday I'll give into the urge to make the car wash a family event. Just not today.
2. Grocery shopping. I'm afraid I haven't given into the WinCo mania that most of my peers are converted to. Even though they clearly have the best prices, I'd rather shop the sales at Albertson's and Fred Meyer than drive 20 minutes for $3.99/5 dozen eggs. It's a bit embarrassing, but I've kept to my budget for 5 years, so sue me.
3. Pampered Chef. I simply can't go to a show and not buy anything! Pretty sure I have a $3 avocado peeler that I bought 4 years ago that has only been used twice.
Okay, I can't really think of any more. I'm pretty much a cheapskate through and through. I'll have to post about ways in which I save money that are pretty much unthinkable for average folks. It'll be much richer in content.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment