We cut our travel time to 11 minutes, each-way. I'm pleased. Especially since I'm out of shape, and I'm 18 weeks pregnant, and I'm towing 3 kids behind me... The next 2 1/2 months before cold weather hits should be fun. Or madness. Complete madness.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Practice makes perfect.
We started practicing our walk to school a couple of weeks ago. It only took one agonizing half-hour of pushing the jogging stroller alongside Anna and her scooter before realizing that perhaps biking to school would be a better option. Problem: Anna still hasn't mastered the bike. A week later, this is what I'm towing behind me on the mile-long ride to elementary school(complete with kids, of course):

We cut our travel time to 11 minutes, each-way. I'm pleased. Especially since I'm out of shape, and I'm 18 weeks pregnant, and I'm towing 3 kids behind me... The next 2 1/2 months before cold weather hits should be fun. Or madness. Complete madness.
We cut our travel time to 11 minutes, each-way. I'm pleased. Especially since I'm out of shape, and I'm 18 weeks pregnant, and I'm towing 3 kids behind me... The next 2 1/2 months before cold weather hits should be fun. Or madness. Complete madness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I thought that would be me, although I didn't know that I'd be pregnant riding too. So we put in some major neighborhood bike riding practice in the days before school started. Nathan learned how to ride on his own pretty quickly with the encouragement of his older neighbor kids. Sydney hated her bike trailor so we bought the seat that attaches to my bike. And cameron rode safely inside. IT was tons of fun, until it started to snow and the kids still wanted to ride.
Wow. That's all I've got to say. Wow.
One advantage to this system is you don't have to worry about what to do with her bike--it will just follow you home. :)
Holy munch Suz!
Nisa- Yep, we've got a bike seat, too, but since I have two kids to tow around, the trailer is a necessary evil. My only consolation is that it will force me to get some level of exercise daily until I'm 7 months pregnant.
Polliwog - nice reference to my previous post. And you're right, I pretty much get to turn around and go right back home, no hassle.
Jill - I wish you could see us. It's hilarious.
That is the semi of all bikes! Holy Moly! Good for you.
Post a Comment