Friday, January 25, 2008

After Rubbermaid.

We're preparing our house for sale next month. I never realized how cluttered my pantry was until I bought a few storage containers to package up all those half-empty sugar and flour bags that were just sitting on the shelves, one practically on top of the other. Makes me wish I had a before picture, so you could really see the difference. Here are the after shots:


Tim considers me a bit OCD when it comes to clutter but I, for the record, do not color code the items in my closet.

7 comments:

Malauna said...

What about alphabetizing or organizing by use?

Polliwog said...

It's only a matter of time, my friend. Pretty soon you'll be thinking about how lovely your closet would look with the hangers all pointing the same direction and the clothes color-coordinated ...

But seriously, your pantry is a masterpiece. Any OF (Organizational Freak) would be proud to call you "sista".

Valerie said...

How 'bout I come stay with your kids for a few days and you come organize my house?

Katie M said...

You're moving?

I think we both got the same OCD trait...i LOVE organizing anything. And Cameron can relate to the "where did that thing go, I just set it on the counter?" problem...like you said, if a surface is clean and something is put on it, it will be put away immediately!

Susie said...

Malauna: I barely have the time to keep my spices alphabetized, let alone anything else.
Polliwog: Sadly, I do not even own enough clothes to necessitate color-coding them.
Mom: Don't you think I'm neglecting my kids enough already?
Katie: Yep, we're moving. But not far. I'll save the details for another post soon to come...
Must be the Grandma J in us that naturally whisks unused items off of surfaces and back where they belong. My dad does the exact same thing.

Topsy said...

Embrace your inner OCD. The way I figure, living with small children may nearly destoy a woman's sense of peace and quiet, cleanliness and natural order. All she can do is give in and become a house rat, or become obsessive about order and cleanliness in areas that she can control. We may never figure out how they can tip their cereal bowl and each and every meal, or why they consistently urinate outside of the commode, but our pantry's, laundry rooms, cabinets and shelves can be spotless! Just a little inner peace in a house full of crazy!

Annie said...

I never thought a pantry could look so beautiful!