Thursday, January 17, 2008

Date night.


Is there some sort of belief that if you disclose your New Year's resolutions that they will not come to pass? I hope not. Because I decided that this year, Tim and I would revive our weekly date night tradition. I know, sad. That third kid simply breaks you. I can count on one hand the number of dates we have had since Rachel was born. And the BYU bowl game where we dragged her six-week-old self along to a sports bar while I tried unsuccessfully to nurse her discreetly in a undersized booth does not count.

Anyway, we have a schedule, a discount card to a number of good Boise restaurants, a babysitter we really like, so we're all set.

We went to Riverdance a couple of nights ago. Aside from the fact that we spent an exorbitant amount of money for the tickets, it was pretty great. (I really miss student tickets to BYU productions - at less than 10 bucks a pop for almost-professional quality performances, we were truly spoiled.)

My two favorite parts:

1. The dance-off between the tap dancers and the Irish dancers. Tim and I, of course disagreed on who prevailed. But what don't we agree to disagree on :)

2. The time when, during intermission, the man sitting in front of Tim opted to leave with his too-big-to-sit-on-his-lap but too-young-to-bring-to-Riverdance daughter. Seriously, I think she took at least two potty breaks just in the first act! Thank you sir, for leaving at intermission so Tim could actually get his money's worth. Sorry you didn't get yours. Might want to get a babysitter next time.
Our next date: I don't know, we're still scanning the community education pages for a class to take together. What do you think? Belly Dance or Feng Shui For Improving Your Luck & Prosperity?

2 comments:

Malauna said...

How about hula hooping for fitness?

Susie said...

Hmmm... sounds invigorating. I forgot to mention Past Life Regression. In the class description, it says to wear loose-fitting clothing and bring an open mind.