Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My life just got a little busier.



Yes, that is the top bunk in the girls' room. And yes, Rachel climbed up there all by herself (in less than 15 seconds, I might add). My 14 month-old is going to be the death of me.

4 comments:

Cherish said...

Yikes! I hate when they learn new "tricks" like that. I completly know how you feel! Is the ladder easy to take on and off? If not is will soon become that way right?

Topsy said...

That does look treacherous. Sydney took forever to learn Nathan's rungs. Of course it helped that the ladder was built badly. Brett's sisters warned us that the round peg rungs really hurt their feet and it turned into a blessing because Sydney wouldn't climb it since it hurt her feet. Nathan just went up fast and jumped down. But it looked like your ladder had flat boards for rungs.
Ha, maybe Tim could sand them circular!

Polliwog said...

The thing about kids like that (physically gifted I mean) is it seems like they master the skill quickly and are pretty safe sooner than, say, my first child who is 4 and still so clumsy I worry about her falling and breaking her neck on stairs, playground equipment, or even standard carpet.

But still, it's worrisome. ;) Good luck with your monkey.

Susie said...

You're right, Polliwog. The funny thing is, none of my kids can walk until they're at least 14 months old, but they still manage to scale tall objects before they've graduated from the crawling phase.
Lily was climbing up our Little Tikes (6 ft long) slide a month or two before she even started walking. Just a tad scary.