Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I promised them..


And here they are. The Egbert Family Christmas pictures:

We woke up to snow Christmas Eve morning. We couldn't let it all go to waste!


Rachel learned how to smile for the camera and say "cheese" just in time for Christmas.




And I quote from Lily's mouth, "I can't believe it! Santa brought me candy!" I can't believe he brought them makeup. After all he knows about my kids and messes, why, oh why?





Anna and Lily didn't seem to notice the deficiency in the number of presents for Rachel. Neither did she. Who would, when there are plenty of bows to keep one company?





My kids suffer because of the practicality of their mother. They get a pair of everyday shoes (in a very boring color that matches most everything they own) and pair of church shoes (same color rules apply). Thanks be to grandma for satisfying Anna's urge for a pair of unordinary shoes. I think her exact words were, "they're pink and sparkly, just what I've always wanted!"



And the award goes to Lily, for the cheesiest camera smile (and the cutest little Dorothy outfit).


There was so much more, but really, my favorite part of the whole day was watching how genuinely excited the girls were about each other's presents. No envy, no coveting, just sincere joy. It was a peaceful, unhurried day on which we could reflect on the Savior and the abundance of blessings He has provided for our family. They are truly innumerable.

7 comments:

Topsy said...

Are those snowmen in your family photo, placemarkers for future Egberts. If so I'd worry about that big one. Might be a little difficult on his poor mum.

Anonymous said...

Just what I needed Suz! Thanks for the post. I miss you guys already and can't wait to see you again whenever that may be.

Ralina said...

What great pictures. Your girls are so excited. Looks like you had a great day.

Valerie said...

Darling, darling, darling - I wish I were there to play with you!

Annie said...

We missed you but I'm happy to hear that you had a nice Christmas. I look forward to seeing you (possibly) for Olivia's blessing. Kiss the girls from their aunt and uncle!

Polliwog said...

Three girls--it looks so fun! :) They are darling. The cheezy grin is a prizewinner.

Susie said...

Three girls could be you, Em! You know you want it:)