Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Free stuff.

I've discovered the key to popularity. The answer: listing something for free on craigslist. Get this: I listed three items on the popular free classifieds website yesterday at about 1:45p.m. Fast forward to 4:30. I check my email to find 35 new messages in my junk mail box. Yowsers! I thought I was a sucker for free stuff but this is really ridiculous!
The ads? A very used Barbie Powerwheels jeep without a functioning battery, a very used (noticing a theme here?) Graco double stroller, and a not so very used sofa/loveseat. Within 24 hours, the two free items were taken off my happy hands and cash is in the hand for the set of couches. I suppose it's true what they say, One man's trash is another man's treasure... suckers!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I wonder if anyone ever posts free stuff just so they can get emails...

Malauna said...

Hurray for economizing people! Maybe the country in a recession is a good thing...