I calculated the amount of time I spent just this last week shoveling snow. 7 hours. 7 hours! Do you know what a mother of three could do with 7 extra hours?
Anna and I had a discussion this morning about Groundhog Day (not the movie, although it is one of my faves) and decided that it is time for winter to just go away! As Anna puts it, "I'm ready to pick some flowers." I wholeheartedly agree, especially since I planted over 200 hundred of them last fall.
On the other hand, we spent a morning last week sledding down a hill just a one minute walk away from our house. Here's a pic. You can catch the video on Malauna's blog.
1 comment:
If it makes you feel better - the groundhogs in Texas are declaring winter over. We went to lunch in hill country this afternoon and ate outside, beneath the wide shade of oak trees on a sunny and lightly breezy 73 degree day. Ahhh, it was beautiful! I don't miss the snow yet. But on the otherhand, I'm afraid to buy one of the beautiful new homes we looked at in Dripping Springs because their trees haven't grown up enough to survive a Texas Summer. Maybe a little snow isn't that bad? BTW - here kids sled down hills in the winter using cardboard boxes on the lawns. Hmmm.
Post a Comment