In honor of her third birthday, I will share a few of the moments surrounding her birth.
1. I happened to be babysitting one of my dear friend's children the night I went to the hospital. I also told my husband that it was "fine" for him to go pay some visits to some of the kids in the class he taught at Church that year. The boy I was babysitting kept asking me what was wrong every time I bent over the counter, in obvious pain. I finally snapped at him and he quit inquiring about the reason behind my deep breathing. Thankfully, he doesn't remember.
2. We left for the hospital and I only had one contraction on the fifteen minute ride to downtown Boise (is it just me, or are contractions in the car pretty much akin to death?) On the 5 minute walk to the hospital from our parked car, I had three contractions.
3. I had burned my arm cooking dinner that night. I think it might be why the labor and delivery nurse asked me(after Tim left the room to get some ice chips) if I was abused. Tim thinks they should have asked him the same question.
4. I almost gave birth to Lily in the toilet. I stood up, after using the restroom, and started having a contraction, only to find myself running for the hospital bed, screaming, "she's coming!" All hell broke loose after that and my beautiful second child was born 2 pushes later.
Lily has been my best childbirth experience thus far. I will refrain from saying that she is my easiest child because, in fact, she isn't. I love her.
5 comments:
We're just as much at fault so don't worry. Mom is actually here with me but I'm probably going to be staying longer than her. We'll see how it goes! Say hi to the fam for us.
One of my kids has a birthday on the 4th and I know what you mean about it sneaking up. Sounds like a memorable birth. I'm glad you didn't have her on the toilet! Happy Birthday Lily!
Was that my little guy, making your labor even harder. My memory isn't serving - but it sounds familiar?????
Yep. It was yours. It was so sweet that he was so concerned about me, him being only 2 1/2 years old. I felt so badly after the labor was over that I had been so short with him.
Sad for you. First we drop him at your house when you go into labor and then we drop him at your house, with the flu, while you have a new baby in the house, so that I could go into labor with Syd. You are some friend, girl!
Post a Comment